poly2tri-c fails to install on Ventura 13.2 (with M1 chip)

Alan Needleman alan6630 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:01:59 UTC 2023

I updated to Ventura 13.2 from Monterey 12..6.3 and migrated my Macports installation. All ports installed and seem to be working fine except for poly2tri-c-0.1.0_0.darwin_22.arm64. It downloads and then gets to “installing patches”  and hangs so I kill the process (I haven’t seen any error message in the log file). On the Macports website listing for poly2tri-c  there is a “?” for Ventura (arm64) so this may be a known issue. The problem is that poly2tri-c  is needed for gimp2. There is a working  native Apple Silicon gimp2 app for  Ventura on the Gimp website so it is not urgent but I did have the Macports gimp2 working on Monterey.

Best to all.

Alan