After doing selfupdate and sudo port -v -s upgrade outdated, python310 failed to install

Franco Vaccari fvaccari at me.com
Sat Feb 11 12:34:37 UTC 2023

The same holds for python311. Happened to me on a virtual machine I use for testing Ventura on Apple Silicon. Looking at the error message(s) in the log I finally was able to compile and install both python310 and python311 by creating symbolic links where the process were expecting to find.

So one is in /opt/local/include

lrwxr-xr-x    1 root      wheel       6 Feb 10 14:51 cblas -> lapack

Then inside lapack

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root      admin      21 Feb 10 14:59 f77blas.h -> ../openblas/f77blas.h
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root      admin      29 Feb 10 15:15 openblas_config.h -> ../openblas/openblas_config.h

Not sure if I’m forgetting some other links, what I did is looking for the error in the log, see what wasn’t found, search the header in the /opt/local/include tree and link to it —> retry installation —> repeat for next missing header file mentioned in the log until success

Don’t know why it went wrong after the selfupdate, but at least I was able to complete the updating of all the outdated packages after this. I’m afraid my action could interfere with future upgrades, but I’ve tried that on my test machine, so no big damage for me, as I’m ready to uninstall and retry.

Still on Monterey on my main Mac, didn’t update anything there

Ciao

Franco