question on py-simpy

Giuseppe 'ferdy' Miceli ferdy at ferdy.it
Sun Jan 8 15:30:22 UTC 2023

ciao,

as rule of thumb, python modules ports have supbort for different python version.

you can see what specific python version subport the generic port install (based on your default variants in <prefix>/etc/macports/variants.conf) looking at the library dependencies.

py-simpy @4.0.1_1 (python)
Sub-ports:            py37-simpy, py38-simpy, py39-simpy, py37-simpy-docs, py38-simpy-docs, py39-simpy-docs

Homepage:             https://simpy.readthedocs.io

Library Dependencies: py39-simpy

thus: no, this is not a conflict and no, you are not supposed to uninstall any of them.

hth,
—
ferdy