GIMP Quartz broken on 10.7, perhaps gtk

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:28:36 UTC 2023

Riccardo,

>> I see the same thing on a fresh gimp2 install +quartz on 10.7 (one very
tiny
>> patch needed to gimp2 to change NULL -> 0 to keep clang-15 happy,
otherwise a
>> no-touch build).

> I have that too… I think Lukas can easily fix it. Or we can have in the
meanwhile a small patch. It is truly wrong code, so not something OS
version dependent.

> gimp-2.10.32/plug-ins/common/file-dicom.c

> line 605

A patch or MR would be much appreciated. This looks like it is in the main
gimp repo, so the MR should be made to the gimp-2-10 branch at
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp.

Or if you only want to patch macports, an appropriate patch there (I'm not
the maintainer of the Macports port, though would be delighted if my forks
of that are adopted of course!)

I will help make sure any patches you create work on Ventura (which I have).

Lukas