Issue with installing port

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:07:38 UTC 2023

On 1/26/23 1:43 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>> I'm trying to get pandoc to install.
> The ticket for this is <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/66764>, FWIW.

I promise you I did search :). Thanks for the link though, it confirms
it's not just me!

`sudo port install pandoc -stack` works for now.

Suppose it didn't though... would I not be able to get the working
version that previously existed at all? or is this an actual bug  in the
recipe for 10.x's that somebody might fix (it not working on MacOS <
11). I'm kind of clueless as to how macports works behind the scenes
because it has just pretty much worked for me over the years without my
having to worry about it.

I remember somebody way back when telling me that over time, things
might eventually stop working, but I thought that was bitrot or
something, not this kind of thing.

Thanks,

Will