gcc12 fault?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 17:26:58 UTC 2023

what you see is difficult to explain, unless the PATH changed between the two tests.

if

'which gcc' gives /opt/local/bin/gcc

then

gcc --version

should give exactly the same as

/opt/local/bin/gcc --version

Now you know that /opt/local/bin/gcc will not actually exist, unless you have "selected" a gcc in macports to be your default gcc.  You probably want to unselect that if you did select one, as having it always set can cause problems that can be hard to debug. I do set a selected gcc sometimes, but unset it right after.

Ken