meld (gtk + python) developed display glitches on High Sierra

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Tue Mar 7 18:00:36 UTC 2023

Hi!

I was using happily meld on High Sierra, it is a quite powerful
recursive diff tool I use - unfortunately written in python.
It used to work fine on MacOS 10.13

In one of the relatively recent updates (about a week) it developed
glitches in the tree view display of all files, where files are shown.
Several entries do not traw, are blank, sometimes passing over with a
mouse shows them, sometimes not.

My first attempt would be to revert some port to an older version, I
checked with "port installed" and don't find many. A hint on what could
be causing this?
First culprit would be gtk3, but I have only one recent version, same is
for gtk2, harfbuzz and meld itself.

Any hint for what else to look for?

Anybody else can reproduce the issue? maybe on another OS version too?

Riccardo