Request for support

Sarah Zinsmeister sarah.zinsmeister at web.de
Sun Mar 12 21:35:48 UTC 2023

Dear Macports-User,

I am unfortunately as other than an IT expert, so because I actually thought this was a program to back up websites, I installed Macports. If I have understood that rudimentary somehow, Macports would just now allow me to install e.g. non-Mac-compatible software. Well, I did not want or I also have no idea what negative effects this could now have on my macbook. I'm also trying to get support from IT friends, but maybe someone can answer my very simple question: How can I uninstall macports again and does it also pose risks to me if I did nothing with the program? (I write you because in the FAQs it says: It’s a drastic step.)

Thank you so much in advance! And sorry for this absolutely beginner action / question.

Kind regards,

Sarah