mysql - fixing permissions

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 20:26:47 UTC 2023

With my mysql data in the non-default location ~/Databases/mysql, each time that macOS is updated, permissions seem to get set back to their defaults for various user folders, so that I need to fix them with:

	chmod +a "_mysql allow search" /Volumes/MacHd/Users/me
	chmod +a "_mysql allow search" /Volumes/MacHd/Users/me/Databases
	chmod +a "_mysql allow search" /Volumes/MacHd/Users/me/Databases/mysql

After just updating to macOS Ventura 13.3, however, when I try the first of those chmod's, I get mysterious error message:

chmod: The specified file '/Volumes/MacHD/Users/me' does not
   have an ACL in canonical order, please specify a position with +a#

What does this mean and what should I do to correct this?

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334
503 King Farm Blvd #101