WACZ (Web Archive Collection Zipped) software

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Mon Mar 27 21:07:45 UTC 2023

So, the Internet Archive has recently added an "Email me a WACZ file
with the results" option to their "Save Page Now" service in the
Wayback Machine, so I tried that out and got some WACZ files, although
now I don't know what to do with them. Is anyone aware of any software
for handling WACZ files that's available in MacPorts? Or, if there
isn't any yet, could some be added?
More info on the format can be found here:
https://replayweb.page/docs/wacz-format
There are some python tools for interacting with the format, but I
couldn't get pypi2port to generate a Portfile for me for them, and
plus there are kind of too many python things in MacPorts anyways:
https://github.com/webrecorder/py-wacz
Anything else?
Thanks,
Eric Gallager