sockstat

Sriranga Veeraraghavan sriranga at berkeley.edu
Mon May 22 06:24:52 UTC 2023

Hi,

If you have a recent version of MacOS, you may be able to use the Apple provided version of netcat (/usr/bin/nc) to check if a server is responding / listening on a particular port, as follows:

/usr/bin/nc -z [server] [port]

which, for your example below, would be:

/usr/bin/nc -z 198.168.0.1 80

HTH,

-ranga