resizing window when using "bc" in interactive mode

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Aug 11 05:02:54 UTC 2024

The one in /usr/bin/bc comes with macOS. The one in /opt/local/bin/bc is from MacPorts.

If you type the full path, that's what you get. If you just type bc, you can find out which you get by typing

which bc

So find out which one you have the problem with.

The MacPorts version uses MacPorts supplied libraries (other than libSystem). The macOS version uses macOS supplied libraries. (ultimately from the same open source projects, but potentially different versions and build options, so not identical code)

A problem with /usr/bin/bc is NOT a MacPorts problem.