MacPorts 2.10.0-beta1 now available for testing

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Jul 22 21:31:06 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-22 at 16:18:31 UTC-0400 (Mon, 22 Jul 2024 16:18:31 -0400)
Bill Cole <macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com>
is rumored to have said:

> On 2024-07-18 at 15:43:27 UTC-0400 (Fri, 19 Jul 2024 05:43:27 +1000)
> Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> Source code and pkgs for MacPorts 2.10.0-beta1 are now
>> available [1]. Testing of either of these install methods is helpful.
>
> DATA POINT:
>
> Installed from package on a 2018 MBP 13" with Sonoma, freshly updated
> from Monterey.
>
> No problems so far, running 'port -v migrate' and it is currently
> working on port 353 of 585.

Surprisingly few issues, and I like the way this spat out at the end so
I didn't need to read the whole scrollback:

--->  Note:
     Migration finished with errors.
     The following ports could not be restored:
      - clang-12
        Skipped becuase its dependency llvm-12 failed
      - colima
        Skipped becuase its dependency colima failed
      - llvm-13
        Skipped becuase its dependency llvm-13 failed
      - lynx
        Skipped becuase its dependency lynx failed
      - macports-libcxx
        Skipped becuase its dependency llvm-11 failed
      - openssh
        Skipped becuase its dependency openssh failed
      - podofo
        Skipped becuase its dependency podofo failed
     The following ports were restored with changes:
      - openjdk17-zulu
        state changed from 'installed' to 'inactive'
      - openjdk21-temurin
        state changed from 'installed' to 'inactive'

(I'm surprised the misspelling made it to a beta...)

I haven't dug into solving any of those yet, but some appear to clearly
be dependency determination problems.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org