32bit Snow Leopard libc++11 dylibs

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 07:12:27 UTC 2024

there are a set of the required libs in here:

http://packages.macports.org/libcxx/libcxx-5.0.1_5+emulated_tls+universal.darwin_10.i386-x86_64.tbz2

You'll need both libc++ and libc++abi,, and probably the symlink too, in your bundle. As you said, use install_name_tool to fix things up.

I have done such a bundling years ago, and it does work... but you would probably have to build the software on a 10.6 system or VM using macports for it to actually work out. We do some shenanigans to get libc++ to work right with 10.6.

Simply using something built on 10.7 or 10.9 and linking it against that new libc++.dylib will most likely fail. Likewise, just setting the deployment_target to 10.6 on a newer system is also not likely to work, due to said shenanigans.