Aborted 64 bit Carbon

Steven stevenaaus at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 06:54:25 UTC 2024

Hi,Apple canceled the 64 bit version of it's Carbon API when it was almost complete.Sorry if this is off-topic and ancient news. I was just wondering if there are any old Apple employees/programmers who have a comment on this, or if anyone has a good link about the fact.... It was a sore point with me that affects the Mac version of my project.

Here is an article with an outline of the topichttps://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2007/06/64-bit-support-in-leopard-no-carbon-love/Feel free to ignore this if it is too old / off-topic for Macports.regards S.A.