reexported library with install name '@rpath/libunwind.1.dylib' ...couldn't be matched with any parent library

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Mon May 6 05:28:09 UTC 2024

Hi;

I just installed flang-18 from Macports, installed from source.

I created the following symlink manually for my convenience.

ls -ld /opt/local/bin/flang
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  26 May  5 22:16 /opt/local/bin/flang ->
/opt/local/bin/flang-mp-18

Here's a simple Fortran source file:

cat ./hello.f90
program hello
  ! This is a comment line; it is ignored by the compiler
  print *, 'Hello, World!'
end program hello

flang -x none -o ./hello ./hello.f90
ld: warning: reexported library with install name
'@rpath/libunwind.1.dylib' found at
'/opt/local/libexec/llvm-18/lib/libunwind.1.0.dylib' couldn't be
matched with any parent library and will be linked directly

flang -o ./hello ./hello.f90
ld: warning: reexported library with install name
'@rpath/libunwind.1.dylib' found at
'/opt/local/libexec/llvm-18/lib/libunwind.1.0.dylib' couldn't be
matched with any parent library and will be linked directly

file ./hello
./hello: Mach-O 64-bit arm64 executable,
flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|WEAK_DEFINES|BINDS_TO_WEAK|PIE>

  Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott