Port Question and Suggestion

Frederick Weinhaus fmw at alink.net
Tue May 14 20:18:40 UTC 2024

Hello,

Question:  I have a question about which port to install when there are several ports related to the name. What is the difference between portname, py-portname, and py312-portname?  Which should be installed?

For example:  tiff, py-tiff, py-tifffile, py312-tifffile

I have installed py312-opencv already.  Which tiff port should I install?

Suggestion:  It would be very helpful if the port search results in the Available Ports search was sorted alphabetically when returned.

Thanks.

Fred