New Port Request: Primesieve from https://github.com/kimwalisch/primesieve

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Sat May 25 19:28:58 UTC 2024

Hi All;

  Revisiting an old thread.

  I'm able to compile Primesieve.

  However, it automatically installs to /usr/local (good place by default).

 Later, MacPorts complains about includes and libraries located in /usr/local...

So I was looking at the distribution to see how to convince the
Primesieve build process to install to, say, "/opt/primesieve".

Looking at the CMakeLists.txt makes me very leery of making changes;
it's not like using "--configure" :-)

I see that Primesieve is supported by Brew; it would be nice if
someone just a bit more experienced than I am would make a port...

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott