Foiled Again

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Wed Oct 2 03:21:24 UTC 2024

This morning I upgraded my 2019 iMac to Sequoia and then did a port migrate.

I think everything went OK, except for the following:

    The following ports could not be restored:
     - nbsmtp
       Failed: Unable to execute target 'activate' for port nbsmtp - see its log
    for details

When I look at what I think is the log, I see this at the end, which means nothing to me:

:error:build Failed to build nbsmtp: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 70925 2
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
:debug:build     while executing
:debug:build "system {*}$notty {*}$callback {*}$nice $fullcmdstring"
:debug:build     invoked from within
:debug:build "command_exec -callback portprogress::target_progress_callback build"
:debug:build     (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 10)
:debug:build     invoked from within
:debug:build "$procedure $targetname"
:error:build See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_mail_nbsmtp/nbsmtp/main.log for details.

When I search for a ticket for nbsmtp I find nothing. (But I’m not very good at searching.)

What next?

PS - To be honest, I don’t think I’m actually using nbsmtp anywhere so there’s probably nothing to do.