Reply to Maxim Abalenkov, Dave Allured, Ralph Seichter

Paolo Denti paolodamessina at libero.it
Wed Oct 2 15:21:16 UTC 2024

Dear Maxim, Dear Dave, Dear Ralph thank you very much.

Dear Maxim, I shall verify my failing exe according to your suggestions.
About the lack of binaries of gcc14 according to my (poor) experience you are right, it necessary to expect some time, but I was in hurry to verify if gcc14 works.

Dear Ralph, indeed that is the temperature according to iStat Menus. The program also showed graphically all 8 cores of M3 working simultaneously full speed during building of gcc and its library; Low edge of iMac became significantly hot.
Latest Macs shall be often fanless, so that it is necessary that building processes have speed control of a sort.

As pointed out by Dave Allured, the problem I signaled appeared with M1, namely is an old problem indeed. We love our Mac, but the undeclared changes in M-series software architecture, although pursuing a coherent strategy, are annoying concealed bombs against attempts of third parts to complete the range of capabilities of Macs.
Dear Dave, the greatest matrix is 6720*6720 COMPLEX*16, that Matrix is inverted and the inverted takes name and place of the former one, for further use by other subroutines. I think you pointed out a workable solution, but I need to master the transition from fixed to dynamic storage.

Paolo