trufflehog checksum fail

Frank Cusack frank at windscribe.com
Wed Aug 2 19:35:36 UTC 2023

I did read the FAQ and did clean (--all all) and try again, only to fail
again. Only after the selfupdate did it work. I guess I'm not motivated
enough to try against the bad version manually at this time.

I am not worried about trufflehog working with any specific go version. Of
course once it's built it doesn't matter what version of go I have
installed. And I'm not worried about using a non-latest version of
trufflehog. I do in fact want the latest, I just neglected to selfupdate
first. But I figured even without selfupdate, the install of the older
version _should have worked_. I thought it was worth reporting.

What I'm most worried about is that `port install trufflehog` blindly
updated my installed go without asking or telling me first. Generally
speaking, when I update package X, I believe port is generally good at
telling me it also needs to upgrade Y and Z before blindly proceeding to do
more than I explicitly asked it to do. But I suspect that because
trufflehog is built locally from source, it needed to upgrade a *build*
dependency and for that it didn't bother to confirm first.

thanks