trufflehog checksum fail

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 31 13:03:06 UTC 2023

On Aug 1, 2023, at 22:37, Frank Cusackwrote:

> 1. did the failed version (3.45.3) of trufflehog actually have some error with checksum? or is this a macports anomaly.

A mistake was made when upgrading trufflehog to 3.45.3 on July 28: the maintainer forgot to update the checksums:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/f18fffa5a99710f3699513f71acb92fe8bdca77d

Therefore, nobody could install this version; everybody received a checksum mismatch.

The problem was resolved when the maintainer updated the port to 3.46.2 on August 1:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/91151652aa71bf6bb55efe75129e3b9b508530f6

> 2. do you agree macports has a bug re: forced, non-prompted, build deps upgrades?

If you ask MacPorts to install or upgrade a port, it must upgrade your dependencies first, so this is intentional.

You can run into problems if you upgrade some but not all ports. Therefore we recommend users always use "sudo port upgrade outdated" and not try to upgrade ports individually (unless that is then followed up quite quickly with upgrading any remaining outdated ports).