py-skyfield depends on both cython and cython-devel

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Fri Dec 15 12:08:29 UTC 2023

Kevin,

It is not your fault!

py-cython and py-cython-devel (cython 3.0.x) are incompatible, but the many packages haven’t been updated and still use the legacy version. This needs to be fixed upstream.

py-yaml still needs py-cython, whereas py-astropy has been updated and requires py-cython-devel.

However, as both packages install into the same location, you get a deadlock.

I work around this issue, by deactivating the version not needed at the time and activating the needed one. YMMV.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula