New Port Request: Primesieve from https://github.com/kimwalisch/primesieve

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 02:59:54 UTC 2023

Hi;

  This exists on homebrew, but doesn't on MacPorts.

  I don't use homebrew, I use MacPorts exclusively.

  I can't get this to compile (I've tried so many different ways to
hit this, I don't know what to list here for my failures).

  I can't get the Perl and Raku modules based on this package to work
without this.

  Could someone be so awesome as to create this port?

  Perhaps part of my problem is that I'm have an M1 chip and there's a
linking problem??

  I have tried using the Perl5 that comes with MacPorts for some
numeric things and it wants Perl 5.36 or newer, and some of the
MacPorts ports that I have require Perl 5.34, so I can't get the Perl
modules to install into 5.36.  So I tried to build my own Perl 5.38
and install modules there, which mostly works...

  Oh, I'm quite frustrated; hard to tell, no?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

New Port Request: Primesieve from https://github.com/kimwalisch/primesieve