Why all this GARBAGE WARE for one single app?

Mark Dm markosjal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 03:37:18 UTC 2023

I am trying to install gedit on mac , installed macports, then the xcode
requirements rand the command to install gedit. Now about 209 minutes later
I am still seeing GARBAGE like GstreamerXXX and GstreamerYYY still
installing . THIS IS NUTS! I NEVER ASKED TO INSTALL GSTREAMER. I know there
are dependencies but how can gstreamer be a dependency for a text editor?

WTF now it is installing something called "yelp"

I remember now I tried MacPorts years ago and ended up having to reformat
my Mac to get all the speed back after the couple of apps I installed. I
regret trying it again and thing it is all a bunch of GARBAGE

Is this juist a method by which you can install garbageware onto a mac for
unsuspecting users?