Quartz no longer launching when an X application is invoked

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 05:30:21 UTC 2023

Hi;

Quartz no longer launching when an X application is invoked

The first time I had installed some ports that were dependent on
Quartz I had difficulty getting them to start because Quartz was not
running.

The first solution was to manually invoke Quartz, which worked ok.

I then was able to get Quartz to start via Launch when an X
application was invoked.

Recently (?) it stopped working and I'm not sure why.

All research I've done so far has been fruitless, I'm just not asking
the right questions...

I'm back to manually starting Quartz.

Please show me how to diagnose the problem and also to solve it.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott