meld quartz breakage

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Fri Oct 6 22:00:00 UTC 2023

Hi,

as I opened this bug report some months ago, at a certain point meld
stopped working properly on Mac Quartz
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/67169

File tree displays randomly with blank and flashes when moving the mouse
over, sometimes revealing the file. What is even more interesting is
that left and right tree might display exclusively the file name.

Interestingly, breakage does not appear to be related to a new version
of meld itself (I also tried reverting) but it must be one of the many
dependencies. When it broke, it happened on all systems I had access and
got it compiling: 10.6, 10.7, 10.11 and 10.13

Could someone test on their systems?
I know that on linux it works.

Tracking down which dependency it is would be also helpful.

Even more recently, meld stopped starting on 10.7: python starts and
displays no window. Thus I didn't test 10.6 anyway.

While it has a maze of dependencies and I hate the new GTK gui, it is a
very powerful diff tool and I use it when working and porting software,
so getting it back would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Riccardo