Unistalling gmic-gimp macport

Michal Sidorczyk basileus21 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 05:34:24 UTC 2023

Hi,

I installed gmic-gimp macport on my MacBook Air with MacOs 13 (Ventura). I was mistaken that it adds GMIC filters to my GIMP on Mac. Installation took 10GB of my drive space. And I have small drive – 256GB (with 160 GB already used).

Since it does not work the way I hoped for, I decided to remove it and save disk space. Unfortunately, meanwhile I also upgraded MacOs version to Macos 14 (Sonoma) – I didn’t realize it will affect macports anyhow (as you see I am really novice in this, I installed macports initially for Python usage).

Now when I issue the command to uninstall gmic-gimp macport I get:

xxx at MacBook-Air-xxx ~ % sudo port uninstall gmic-gimp

Password:

Error: Current platform "darwin 23" does not match expected platform "darwin 22"

Error: If you upgraded your OS, please follow the migration instructions: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

OS platform mismatch

    while executing

"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, OS platform mismatch

I know there are some upgrade instructions, but I did not follow them, I admit. Having the problem with disk space I do not put even more overhead of it, without being certain that eventually I will get rid of this extra 10GB space.

Can you help me with my problem to remove gmic-gimp from my drive?

BR

Michal