Unistalling gmic-gimp macport

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Oct 11 13:04:25 UTC 2023

On 2023-10-11 at 07:22:44 UTC-0400 (Wed, 11 Oct 2023 11:22:44 +0000)
Michal Sidorczyk <basileus21 at hotmail.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi,
>
> Very much thanks for very prompt answer.
>
> So, I did reinstall the macports to Sonoma version, and then I
> followed this instruction:
>
> https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html
>
> to remove macports completely. However, /opt/local still contains data
> (I assume it is all macports related) and it is 2.7GB big.

Then something went wrong. Those instructions include totally removing
/opt/local/ in section  2.4.3.

> Can I just remove it manually safely?

If you want MacPorts and everything it ever installed totally gone, yes.
Doing so is part of the uninstall instructions.

> Moreover, it seems the uninstall procedure is pretty far from cleaning
> everything.

As you can see in section 2.4.3 of the guide, removal of /opt/local
(along with a list of other possible locations where ports could have
left pieces) is explicitly a part of the uninstall procedure. Why that
failed to happen on your system is a mystery.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire