Migrating After Sonoma Install

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Wed Oct 11 23:45:57 UTC 2023

Don’t worry. The migration went fine and, fingers crossed, everything works.

However, it always amazes me how long this takes. I have only 13 ports in requested.txt. There are 148 ports in myports.txt. I get this, but I still find it amazing.

On a 2019 Intel iMac, the migration started at 11:00AM. When I went to bed at 9:00PM it was still cranking away. I have no idea how long it actually took. But, at least 10 hours. This also amazes me.

On the other hand, my M1 MBA also has 13 in requested.txt and 148 in myports.txt. On this machine the post-Sonoma migration took about six hours. Still a long time, but somewhat less amazing.

Thanks to everyone who makes all this stuff possible.

Mike Newman
Korat, Thailand