moar (better than less) conflicts with moarVM (needed for Raku)

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 00:21:14 UTC 2023

Hi;

Since I have already installed raku I cannot install moar because moar
conflicts with moarvm required by Raku.

Looks like "moar" (which is better than "less") needs to be renamed
somehow or internally there is a conflict. Trimmed error output is
enclosed below.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

Error: Failed to activate moar: Image error: /opt/local/bin/moar is
being used by the active MoarVM port.  Please deactivate this port
first, or use 'port -f activate moar' to force the activation.
    while executing
"throw registry::image-error $msg"
    ("foreach" body line 47)
    invoked from within
"foreach file $imagefiles {
                set srcfile "${extracted_dir}${file}"

                # To be able to install links, we test if we can lst..."
    invoked from within
"registry::write {
            foreach file $imagefiles {
                set srcfile "${extracted_dir}${file}"

                # To be able to instal..."
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_moar/moar/main.log
for details.