moar (better than less) conflicts with moarVM (needed for Raku)

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 01:53:10 UTC 2023

This is a known issue with no useful response from the upstream maintainer:
https://github.com/walles/moar/issues/143

IMO, MacPorts should either make the choice to change the `moar` pager
binary to `moar-pager` or set up a conflicting package rule.

As I was looking for examples of this, I noticed that the moreutils port
excludes its version of parallel, which is easier to use in simple cases
than GNU parallel — so that's somewhat disappointing. Maybe we can bring
that back as a variant (moreutils+parallel) or a separate port
(moreutils-parallel).

-a

Austin Ziegler • halostatue at gmail.comaustin at halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/http://twitter.com/halostatue