ruby-select problem - Sonoma

Chris F chris at unwired.co.nz
Sat Oct 21 00:43:58 UTC 2023

Thanks Bill, Chris - I have created an appropriate .bash_profile (as
described in the Guide) and everything appears normal now.

I've searched back to the time when Migration Assistant restored my user
directory. That .bash_profile had several comments made at the time(s)
that MacPorts install post-flight added and export of an amended PATH,
but I couldn't find a comment that corresponded to my most  recent
Macports install (which was shortly after finishing with Migration
Assistant). However, that absence could have been due to the timing of
backups. In any case, the restored .bash_profile should have worked just
fine, so I'm at a loss to know how my  .bash_profile became "corrupted"
post restoration.

Never mind - all good now. Thanks again.

Chris F