ruby-select problem - Sonoma

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 21 18:12:41 UTC 2023

On Oct 20, 2023, at 19:44, Chris F wrote:

> I have created an appropriate .bash_profile (as described in the Guide) and everything appears normal now.

You are using bash on Sonoma? The default shell is zsh. The MacPorts installer is supposed to detect which shell you use and configure the appropriate shell startup file but maybe it's not identifying your shell properly. Of course, if you changed your shell from zsh to bash after installing MacPorts that would explain it.