always have broken files at the end of a self-update

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 10 01:05:16 UTC 2024

On Apr 9, 2024, at 19:13, Alexander Newman wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem, but with rygel as another affected build. I've uninstalled rygel but left webkit2-gtk in place. I now just ignore the rev-upgrade suggestion (n). It seems to be associated with gstreamer and cmake (cmake recently updated on my Ventura machine). Last time I looked (two days ago) the macports page was showing a healthy port (Sonoma on down).

The problems are occurring because gstreamer and related ports were recently updated to new major versions and not all ports are compatible with these new versions.

In the case of webkit2-gtk, gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base was updated in such a way that its optional gstreamergl function was disabled. webkit2-gtk linked with that component which is why rev-upgrade reports it as broken. webkit2-gtk relies on that component which is why rebuilding webkit2-gtk now fails.

In the case of rygel, it was a different problem related to the gstreamer update that I have filed as https://trac.macports.org/ticket/69707.

The fact that cmake was recently updated is unrelated.

Port health indicators on the ports web site are not authoritative. They merely reflect what happened the last time an attempt to build those ports on the build system was made—usually (sometimes build results are lost). It does not indicate what will happen if you try to build the port today. Its dependencies could for example have been updated to incompatible versions since the last time the port was built.