Lilypond documentation (info+man) installation?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sat Apr 20 03:53:02 UTC 2024

I'd say build it with +docs, but that failed for me:

:info:build Making Documentation/out/lilypond-contributor.info < texi
:info:build bibtex: Not writing to /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond/lilypond/work/.tmp/tmpy0vuau0_/bib2texi-tmp.blg (openout_any = p; no  extended check).
:info:build bibtex exited with return code 1.  Output:
:info:build I couldn't open file name `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond/lilypond/work/.tmp/tmpy0vuau0_/bib2texi-tmp.blg'
:info:build bibtex: Not writing to /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond/lilypond/work/.tmp/tmpko1qlc_h/bib2texi-tmp.blg (openout_any = p; no  extended check).
:info:build bibtex exited with return code 1.  Output:
:info:build I couldn't open file name `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond/lilypond/work/.tmp/tmpko1qlc_h/bib2texi-tmp.blg'
:info:build Making Documentation/out/en/web.texi (sed)
:info:build Making Documentation/out/lilypond-web.info < texi
:info:build Making Documentation/out/en/learning.texi < tely
:info:build Making Documentation/out/en/usage.texi < tely
:info:build Making Documentation/out/en/snippets.texi < tely
:info:build lilypond-book.py: error: file not found: colorado.itexi
:info:build gnumake[1]: *** [out/en/essay.texi] Error 1

Unless I have some peculiar situation, it looks like the docs part doesn't work. Maybe check for a ticket, or file one if there isn't already one for lilypond +docs.