Latest Apache Segmentation Fault

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Apr 24 13:10:54 UTC 2024

On 2024-04-24 at 01:34:11 UTC-0400 (Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:34:11 +0000)
Horst Simon via macports-users <horst.simon2 at icloud.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from MacPorts-2.8.1-13 to MacPorts-2.9.3-10.13 and did port
> update installed, this updated Apache 2.4.58 to Apache 2.4.59.
> After the upgrade one URL which connects to the Horde Web server fails
> with following error in the apache error log:
> [mpm_prefork:info] [pid 298] AH00162: server seems busy, (you may need
> to increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 8
> children, there are 2 idle, and 4 total children
>
> [core:notice] [pid 298] AH00052: child pid 715 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> [core:notice] [pid 298] AH00052: child pid 714 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>

> Other URL’s cacti and phpkyadmin are working fine.

I am not specifically familiar with Horde, but this looks like a failure
of whatever Horde uses to run, e.g. php-fpm or mod_php. A common reason
for this specific sort of failure is if you have different versions of
PHP present and the loader manages to select conflicting versions of
libraries

> I still have MacPorts-2.8.1 on another machine and no updates and this
> one does not show any errors.
>

> Are there changes in the updated apache which could cause this issues
> or additional parameters need to be changed?

Nothing in the Apache httpd 2.4.58->59 update itself is likely to cause
trouble per se, but because it is a highly modular program with optional
modules linking at run time, you can have mismatches between the core
software and modules like mod_php.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org