MacPorts vs. Apple compiler issues, Handle

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Mar 10 16:13:26 UTC 2024

> MacPort installs:
> $ clang-mp-9.0 --version
> clang version 9.0.1
>
> Apple:
> $ clang --version
> Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.1)
>
> Is there some Apple "trick" or is it the slight compiler difference in
> version?

The version difference is less slight than you might think. Apple clang
version numbers are unrelated to the version number of the llvm.org
release they are based on. Apple clang 9.1.0 is closest to the clang-5.0
port.

The name collision looks genuine however. I can only assume that
MacTypes.h is not included or is preprocessed differently based on
different defines in the other compiler.

- Josh