MacPorts vs. Apple compiler issues, Handle

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Mar 10 20:21:56 UTC 2024

Hi Joshua,

Joshua Root wrote:
>> MacPort installs:
>> $ clang-mp-9.0 --version
>> clang version 9.0.1
>>
>> Apple:
>> $ clang --version
>> Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.1)
>>
>> Is there some Apple "trick" or is it the slight compiler difference in
>> version?
>
> The version difference is less slight than you might think. Apple
> clang version numbers are unrelated to the version number of the
> llvm.org release they are based on. Apple clang 9.1.0 is closest to
> the clang-5.0 port.
Aha, I supposed that the number in parenthesis would match, but not.
Do you think it make sense for me to try clang5 or clang6?

> The name collision looks genuine however. I can only assume that
> MacTypes.h is not included or is preprocessed differently based on
> different defines in the other compiler.

Do you think an issue in MacPorts compiler or a problem with the code?
On Linux and FreeBSD  ArcticFox compiles with gcc13 and clang10, but
this is an issue specific to the Mac code path, so not directly comparable.

I checked XPCShellEnvironment.cpp, there is no direct inclusion of
MacTypes.h

Riccardo