NEW: arpack, a package for solving large scale eigenvalue problems

Mark Moll moll at ISI.EDU
Mon Dec 18 10:58:03 PST 2006

[I can't create tickets since the wordpress/trac merge, so maybe
someone else can create a ticket.]

New port: arpack.

ARPACK is a collection of Fortran77 subroutines designed to solve
large scale eigenvalue problems. homepage http://www.caam.rice.edu/
software/ARPACK/

The solvers for complex (single and double precision) seem to be
buggy, based on my limited testing using the example programs that
come with the ARPACK distribution. I'm not sure whether this is a
problem with gfortran, an incompatibility between ARPACK and the
Accelerate framework, or another problem with the way I build ARPACK.

There is an mpi variant, which will install P_ARPACK (the parallel
eigenvalue solver) as well. This requires a working mpif77 (see my
Mark