port upgrade causes problems when port not installed

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Thu Dec 28 17:17:40 PST 2006

I just had an interesting problem, as detailed in ticket <http://
trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11200>.

Can anybody tell me why port upgrade used to build first, then
install the new one, then deactivate/uninstall the old, then activate
the new? And why now it's always deactivating/uninstalling first
before installing the new? Except, as you can see in my log, doing
the upgrade without it already installed finished the aborted build,
installed, then uninstalled and started trying to re-build/install
again?

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org