Announcement: special new maintainer addresses

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Wed Oct 4 08:10:41 PDT 2006

Le 4 oct. 06 à 23:53, James Berry a écrit :

> As described here <http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/wiki/
> SpecialMaintainerAddresses>, we have created two new email
> addresses to replace the special 'darwinports at opendarwin.org' that
> was previously in use.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks to
> kvv for getting these addresses set up.

I'm not convinced we need two maintainer addresses. In fact, I think
we should simply clarify the role of maintainers to avoid having
these different states (I'm maintaining a port and I don't tolerate
any change I don't control, I'm maintaining but I don't care, No one
maintains).

But anyway.

There is another problem related to bug tracking and port update that
isn't fixed by these addresses. It's when there is a patch authored
or approved by the port maintainer on the bug tracking system, but
the maintainer doesn't have the commit bit to commit it.

We could set up a new address for this use. Maintainers would just
have to assign those bugs to this address so anyone with the commit
bit and some time could quickly find such cases in the list of open
bugs and review and commit the changes.

Paul
--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.