Revised proposal for a new Wiki structure

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Oct 9 11:08:21 PDT 2006

Here is a revised proposal.  There are other ways to organize it so
comments or other proposals are welcome.

Mark

--------------------------------------
*** Section 1 - Getting Started with MacPorts ***

I) Home Page
II) Installing MacPorts (This section is complete and up on the Wiki now)
	1) Install Xcode Tools
	2) Install X11
	3) Set the shell environment
	4) Install the MacPorts Binary
	5) Run 'port selfupdate' to get the latest portfiles

III) Using MacPorts (Joe's Getting Started section)
IV) Gnome
V) FAQ

*** Section 2 - Getting Support for MacPorts ***

I) Trac
	1) Search for bugs
	2) Filing bugs

II) Mailing lists

*** Section 3 - MacPorts Development ***

I) MacPorts Internals
	1) Build Phases
II) Making Portfiles (or Portfile examples if that is too challenging)
III) MacPorts Guide (enhanced legacy guide - reference material)
IV) New Committer's Guide
V) Developer FAQ