Default revision of 1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Oct 9 20:23:03 PDT 2006

When I'm developing a new port or want to override the default port in MacPort's
svn with a local port of a newer upstream release, it would be nice to have a
range of revision numbers that is smaller than any revision number from
MacPort's svn repository.

This would enable me to have a local port, say subversion 1.4.1-0, and then when
the real subversion 1.4.1-1 comes out, I'll get an out of date warning.

Also, is the revision an integer, a floating point value, or does it compare
values like the version number, it 0.10 is greater than 0.9?

Would people mind defaulting the revision to 1?

I don't know how this would be rolled out.  It would cause a massive upgrade.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.