X11 ports

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Tue Oct 10 01:41:06 PDT 2006

On 2006-10-10 00:38:43 -0700, Mark Duling wrote:
> So I've never dealt with porting X11 programs before.  Since we all use a
> non-MacPorts X11 now, does that make it acceptable to write outside
> ${prefix] for X11 ports?  Specifically, this submission writes to
> /usr/X11R6/bin/ and /usr/X11R6/lib (via destroot).  Please advise.

Is there a reason to want to write there?

Note that there is no such prefix for Xorg (= X11 R7), so that writing
to a different $prefix would make ports more complicate to work with
both X11R6 and Xorg.

For instance, undex Linux (Debian) with Xorg:

vin:~> which xterm
/usr/bin/xterm

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>