Default revision of 1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Oct 10 12:54:55 PDT 2006

Kevin Van Vechten wrote:
> Revisions should be a monotonically increasing serial number (think SVN
> revisions) indicating the revision of the Portfile.
>
> The purpose of the revision is to provide a unique primary key for every
> portfile: {name, version, revision}.
>
> - Kevin

Right.  And it would be good to have a space for development versions.  With
RPMs, the default revision people use is 1, so if I want to roll some beta RPMs
out to people, I commonly use 0.01, 0.02, etc.  It gives me a lot of space to
get issues fixed, and then when I'm happy with it, I bump the revision to 1.

Regards,
Blair