Default revision of 1

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Tue Oct 10 13:25:02 PDT 2006

I'm saying revisions should be interpreted as they are in Subversion
-- monotonically increasing serial numbers.  You can't agree with me
_and_ want to "leave space for development".  Trying to arbitrarily
pick revision numbers, encode special significance into them, and
avoid collisions with other developers is fraught with peril.
Revision numbers indicate that something about the Portfile has
changed aside from the name and version.  The decision as to what's
development or what's stable needs to be made out of band with
respect to revision numbers.  Again, using Subversion as an analogy,
that's what tags/branches are for.

- Kevin