Issues building a port for kloc

Jamie Wilkinson jamie at tramchase.com
Sun Oct 22 10:53:37 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I was having some fun counting project source code with kloc(1) and
decided to play my hand at building a port for it. I've run into some
issues and was hoping for some feedback from the experts!

1) kloc-3.6.tar.gz has a text file called "TEST" and a directory
called "test". This is fine on most filesystems, but not on case-
insensitive HFS+
2) as an extremely simple program, kloc doesn't have a configure
script. I couldn't find any Portfile opts to straight up just skip
the configure stage

I got around these problems and was able to build the port by just
touching a fake configure file and renaming "TEST" to "TESTS", but
these require me to produce my own tarball distribution. Any tips?

Thanks,
-jamie