Issues building a port for kloc

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Sun Oct 22 11:58:59 PDT 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was having some fun counting project source code with kloc(1) and
> decided to play my hand at building a port for it. I've run into
> some issues and was hoping for some feedback from the experts!
>
> 1) kloc-3.6.tar.gz has a text file called "TEST" and a directory
> called "test". This is fine on most filesystems, but not on case-
> insensitive HFS+

Are either of these needed?  If not, don't worry about it.
Otherwise, the safest thing to do would be to do a second extract in
a post-extract phase, putting only what you need into a new subdir of
${worksrcpath} and access it from there.

> 2) as an extremely simple program, kloc doesn't have a configure
> script. I couldn't find any Portfile opts to straight up just skip
> the configure stage

See, for example, the graphics/dcraw port, which does the build
itself.  If kloc has a makefile, then you shouldn't need to override
the build phase like dcraw does, just set use_configure to no.

Bryan