Keeping local modifications

Kent Karlsson kentk at mac.com
Sun Oct 22 13:33:46 PDT 2006

Hey,

I'm keeping some local modifications to some portfiles to keep them
working with a bunch of local modifications to the system. In order to
do this, I copy the ports I modify to a local dports dir and make the
changes there so they won't be lost when I do a selfupdate.

Is there some way that I can make my locally modified ports totally
replace the official ones? Just adding a Revision tag makes them
impossible to distinguish in the list and I also see both versions.

Is anyone else doing this and how do you usually do it?

-- kent